Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is a copycat of the original recipe from Taste of Peru in Chicago, Illinois.
- 12 ounces rib eye steaks
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- garlic, to taste
- 1⁄8 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, diced (red, yellow or green)
- 1⁄4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 4 teaspoons vinegar or 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 ounces beer
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb freshly made French fries, precooked and hot
- steamed white rice, for serving
- Cut the steak in pieces 1/4x2 inches in length. Season the steak with salt, pepper and garlic, to taste.
- Add 1/8 cup of vegetable oil to a medium skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the rib-eye. After the meat has browned, add the onions along with the bell pepper and cook until they soften. Add the tomato, vinegar and the soy sauce. Pour in the beer and simmer until the vegetables are cooked through. Remove the beef mixture to a serving plate and top with the fries. Garnish with parsley and serve with white rice.
Very tasty and easy recipe. I added some salt to the dish and cut back on some of the oil. Very close to what I had in Lima!