We love seafood, especially lobster, crab, langanstinos and shrimp. My husband's favourite lunch. You could easily substitute the lobster for any of the above mentioned shellfish... I have. Excellent summer dish for lunch or dinner with a simple green salad and fresh pineapple. * Please note: as reviewed. you will need to use a deep dish pastry shell.
- 1 pastry shells, pre-baked
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup clam juice
- 4 jumbo eggs
- 2 cups lobster meat, cooked, cut into large chunks
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Blend cream, milk, clam juice and eggs together with whisk.
- Add lobster to bottom of pastry shell.
- Scatter the peppers, onions and grated cheese over the lobster meat.
- Add the custard mixture to the pastry shell.
- Season lightly with the salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Bake at 325°F for 45 minutes.