Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
We love seafood, especially lobster, crab, langanstinos and shrimp. My husband's favourite lunch. You could easily substitute the lobster for any of the above mentioned shellfish... I have. Excellent summer dish for lunch or dinner with a simple green salad and fresh pineapple. * Please note: as reviewed. you will need to use a deep dish pastry shell.
- 1 pastry shells, pre-baked
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup clam juice
- 4 jumbo eggs
- 2 cups lobster meat, cooked, cut into large chunks
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Blend cream, milk, clam juice and eggs together with whisk.
- Add lobster to bottom of pastry shell.
- Scatter the peppers, onions and grated cheese over the lobster meat.
- Add the custard mixture to the pastry shell.
- Season lightly with the salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Bake at 325°F for 45 minutes.
Lovely quiche recipe. We all loved the combination of flavors and textures - and it is visually nice to look at as well. I did use cooked shrimp meat in place of the lobster (not really easy or economical here). I also used 5 large eggs since I didn't have Xtra large or Jumbos, and would agree that I had at least 1 cup of mix and a cup of shrimp/veggies left over to make a scramble. Mine did overflow when baking but still turned out fine - just make sure you bake on a foil lined baking sheet. ;) Great flavors - thanks BK!!
Rich and Delicious!!!!10 star recipe for flavor and ease of preparation. I used shrimp which I quickly sauted in olive oil and added a dash of old Bay seasoning.I also used an orange pepper instead of red and green pepper. I did have a slight problem of having 1 1/2 cups of extra egg/cream/milk/clam juice mixture but I plan on using it tomorrow morning for a little egg scramble. I would definitely use a deep dish pie shell for this one. Thanks Kato for this divine Quiche that my man ate and loved!