Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
When I entered a contest for 50 lbs of lobster, they sent me this recipe.
- 4 (10 ounce) lobster tails
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 8 tablespoons white wine
- 1 cup white mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 scallions, sliced
- Place tails in a pot of boiling water and pre-cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from pot and ice down to stop the cooking process.
- After the lobster has rested in the ice for 15 minutes, remove meat from the tails, cut into large chunks.
- Set aside meat.
- Save tail shells for presentation.
- In a large skillet, melt butter.
- Sauté garlic and shallots for 3 minutes.
- Carefully add white wine and simmer until reduced by half.
- Add mushrooms and sauté till lightly.
- browned (4 to 5 minutes).
- Add heavy cream and bring to boil.
- Add partially cooked lobster meat and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook approximately 5 minutes, or until lobster meat is fully cooked and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Rinse lobster tail shell and place on dinner plate.
- Serve lobster over shell and garnish with sliced scallions.
Mysterygirl I think we went to heaven and back, hubby found this one and we will certainly be doing it again. We had a precooked cray (lobster) and shared it between us, serving it out of the shell with slices of crispy potatoe. We didn't use shallots (due to an allergy issue) but doubled up on the spring onions (scallions) and I added more mushrooms and cream. We think this would work well served in vol-a-vents and if chopped finely in the little ones as bite size entrees. We are also thinking of making this with prawns. Thank you for this gem of a recipe.
I received a gift of lobster (lucky me) and used this recipe for it. If you are nervous about cooking lobster because it's so expensive and delicate, you'll find that the precook and saute makes it easier to cook just right. I used the ingredients exactly as described except I added a little cayenne after lacing it in the shell. I'm watching for lobster to come on sale so I can make this again. Thanks Mysterygirl!