Ww Parmesan Chicken With Mushroom-Wine Sauce
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 cups diced onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons water
- On sheet of wax paper or a paper plate combine flour, Parmesan cheese, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture, coating both sides and reserving any remaining flour mixture.
- In 10-inch skillet heat 1 1/2 tsps oil over medium-high heat; add onions and garlic and saute until onions are softened.
- Add mushrooms, basil and remaining 1/4 tsp salt and saute until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to plate and set aside.
- In same skillet heat remaining 1 1/2 tsp oil; add chicken and cook, turning once, until lightly browned 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Stir in any reserved flour mixture; gradually add wine and water and, continuing to stir, bring mixture to a boil.
- Return mushroom mixture to pan and cook until heated through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 7 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>? Hi! My name is Teresa.? My husband and I like to take RV trips but it seems lately we just us it for vintage motorcross races. I enjoy hiking, snowshoeing, have done some rock climbing but age is creeping up on my poor old bones. Anything to do with the outdoors I enjoy, so why do I live in rainy Washington state? We have 2 wonderful children, both grown. My son lives in LA and my daughter and her husband recently moved back in the area with their little boy...our grandson... who just turned?5 years old. We have a granddaughter who lives close by...she just turned 23 this year. She's a sweetheart.? Life is good when you have a son and a?daughter and they?gift?you with a granddaughter and grandson. :)??</p>