Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Received from a friend.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 2 green onions, trimmed, sliced
- 1⁄2 celery rib, minced
- 1⁄4 medium carrot, grated
- 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 -6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Bring first 7 ingredients to boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk milk/flour mixture into saucepan; stir in cheese and bacon.
- Simmer, uncovered, 5-8 minutes, or until thick, stirring constantly.
Very good! Will make again.
Super simple and very good, smokey flavor with the bacon!
Yummy! I made this last night as I was craving a soup like this that a girl at work makes and this hit the spot. My husband who really isn't that big of a soup fan went back for seconds. Mine ended up a touch salty but that was my fault. I cant wait to make again!