Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are a different take on Cowboy Cookies so I thought they deserved their own name. These cookies are chewy while crunchy at the same time. Everyone who has tried this cookie and traditional Cowboy Cookies prefer these.
- I TRY USING ORGANIC WHENEVER POSSIBLE. I FEEL THIS CHANGES THE FLAVOR AT BIT.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In very large bowl add brown sugar and granulated (white) sugar.
- Cut butter in slices to make it easier to mix with dry ingredients. Then add slices of butter to brown and white sugar. Do not melt butter.
- Using a whisk whisk the 2 eggs until well mixed then add to the sugars and the butter slices.
- Add the real vanilla (Not imitation) to the large bowl.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and oats. No need to sift.
- Add coconut.
- While chopped walnuts are still in the unopened bag smash them with your fist or heel of your hand so that there are very small pieces then add to the large bowl.
- Using a hand mixer mix until your mixer starts to get bogged down or can't turn in the dough. Then use a fork to mix ingredients well making sure all ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
- Using your hands make small 1 in balls rolling tightly in your hand.
- Place up to 15 dough balls on light colored (as opposed to the darker cookie sheets) and bake for 12 minutes give or take a minute or two due to not all ovens being exactly a like.
- Cool cookies on parchment paper and NOT on cooling racks.
- Store cookies in large plastic container to keep fresh for up to a week.