Not yet tried but sounds lovely for a nice, summery, al fresco meal.Apparently you have to eat this immediately as it drys out very quickly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the asparagus spears for 4-5mins until cooked but firm.
- 2Drain well but keep the water.
- 3Cut off the asparagus tips and set to one side.
- 4Roughly chop the remaining asparagus.
- 5Heat the oil and half the butter in a saucepan and cook the onion until softened.
- 6Add the garlic, the chopped asparagus (not the tips) and some thyme or marjoram (just a sprig or so).
- 7Sautee for approximately 5 mins and add the wine.
- 8Simmer until the wine thickens and then add about 400ml of the asparagus water.
- 9Simmer for a couple of minutes and remove from the heat.
- 10Remove the thyme/marjoram sprigs and puree the remaining ingredients.
- 11Transfer to a large serving bowl, add the asparagus tips and season to taste.
- 12In a saucepan, melt the remaining butter until it is sizzling and add the prawns.
- 13Cook for a couple of minutes, season with salt and pepper and then add the brandy.
- 14Ignite the brandy and let it burn itself out.
- 15Remove from the heat and add to the asparagus mixture.
- 16Cook the linguini in boiling salted water, following the instructions on the packet.
- 17Drain well but retain a little of the water.
- 18Mix the pasta and sauce together in the large serving bowl. If it needs more liquid add some of the pasta water.
- 19There may seem to be a lot of sauce but the pasta quickly absorbs it.
- 20Serve immediately with grated parmesan and black pepper.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguini With Asparagus & Prawns
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 708.5
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 131.6 mg
- Sodium 595.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 31.8 g