Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not yet tried but sounds lovely for a nice, summery, al fresco meal.Apparently you have to eat this immediately as it drys out very quickly.
- Boil the asparagus spears for 4-5mins until cooked but firm.
- Drain well but keep the water.
- Cut off the asparagus tips and set to one side.
- Roughly chop the remaining asparagus.
- Heat the oil and half the butter in a saucepan and cook the onion until softened.
- Add the garlic, the chopped asparagus (not the tips) and some thyme or marjoram (just a sprig or so).
- Sautee for approximately 5 mins and add the wine.
- Simmer until the wine thickens and then add about 400ml of the asparagus water.
- Simmer for a couple of minutes and remove from the heat.
- Remove the thyme/marjoram sprigs and puree the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl, add the asparagus tips and season to taste.
- In a saucepan, melt the remaining butter until it is sizzling and add the prawns.
- Cook for a couple of minutes, season with salt and pepper and then add the brandy.
- Ignite the brandy and let it burn itself out.
- Remove from the heat and add to the asparagus mixture.
- Cook the linguini in boiling salted water, following the instructions on the packet.
- Drain well but retain a little of the water.
- Mix the pasta and sauce together in the large serving bowl. If it needs more liquid add some of the pasta water.
- There may seem to be a lot of sauce but the pasta quickly absorbs it.
- Serve immediately with grated parmesan and black pepper.