Recipe by Marie
A little bit of heaven! So delicious and worth every calorie.
Top Review by HobbitMarley
The kids really enjoyed this. I used evaporated milk instead of the cream and olive oil instead of butter to cut out some calories. I added peas to sneak in some veggies. I'll make this again for sure!
- 1 lb linguine
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup pesto sauce
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add linguine pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Stir in cream, and season with pepper.
- Cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir Parmesan cheese into cream sauce, stirring until thoroughly mixed.
- Blend in the pesto, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until thickened.
- Stir in the shrimp, and cook until they turn pink, about 5 minutes.
- Serve over the hot linguine.