Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A little bit of heaven! So delicious and worth every calorie.
Make and share this Linguine with Shrimp Pesto recipe from Food.com.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add linguine pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Stir in cream, and season with pepper.
- Cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir Parmesan cheese into cream sauce, stirring until thoroughly mixed.
- Blend in the pesto, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until thickened.
- Stir in the shrimp, and cook until they turn pink, about 5 minutes.
- Serve over the hot linguine.
The kids really enjoyed this. I used evaporated milk instead of the cream and olive oil instead of butter to cut out some calories. I added peas to sneak in some veggies. I'll make this again for sure!
This was yummy and easy. For health reasons I had to change a few things. Olive oil, instead of butter and I used a low-fat cream. As a result, the sauce was probably thinner, but it was still really tasty. I also garnished the dish with chopped tomatoes, basil, and garlic. Pretty to the eyes and palate!
Hubby says can make again. Had a really nice taste. I used Kittencal's Perfect Pesto Sauce with it. Thanks for sharing.