Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My favorite pasta dish is Linguine Alle Vongole or linguine with clam sauce. This quick version uses tomato pesto which adds a really nice flavor to the dish. If you can’t get tomato pesto, you can use basil pesto. Big fan of clams? Use 2 cans but only liquid from 1 can. The trick to this recipe is to make the sauce while the linguine cooks so that it’s all ready at the same time. Buon Appetito!
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can baby clams, with liquid
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup red pesto sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh parmesan cheese, grated (to garnish)
- fresh parsley, chopped (to garnish)
- Cook linguine in a large pot of salted water. Boil for 1 minute less than the instructions on the box say to cook it for. Strain but do not rinse.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium heat in a large frying pan. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes or until translucent. Do not brown them.
- Strain the liquid from the clams and add liquid to pan. Set clams aside. Add the white wine and white wine vinegar and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 4 minutes. Lower heat slightly. Add clams, pesto, oregano and nutmeg to wine mixture and heat through. Stir until combined and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add warm pasta and parsley, heat through and toss to combine. Garnish with parmesan and parsley and serve immediately!
This was fantastic! Quick to make, and packed with flavor! We really enjoyed this. I used homemade tomato pesto. Thanks for sharing! ZWT7
We all enjoyed this fast dish very much.
Done with homemade pesto, fresh oregano and tricolor spaghetti. I added some canned artichoke hearths, beacause I wanted to add some veggies to our meal. All in one it's easy and tasty.
The nutmeg flavour was a great new touch for us!
Done for ZWT7.
This a delicious 30 minute or less meal. The recipe was reduced to serve 2 and a full 10 oz can of clams was used. Instead of the white wine I used additional broth from the clams. The pesto was a homemade tomato pesto. Both of us really enjoyed this served with steamed broccoli and red peppers as a side.