FETTUCCINE Alle VONGOLE
photo by clubfoody
- Ready In:
- 10 ounces fettuccine pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine (substitute chicken broth)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cooking sherry
- 1 teaspoon dry basil (substitute 1 tbsp. fresh basil)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 (5 ounce) cans baby clams, drained
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 1/2 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup grana padano, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add oil and butter. When butter turns brown, add onion, red pepper and garlic; cook until onions are translucent, about 4 minutes. Add wine and 1 tablespoons parsley; reduce liquid a little. Pour in cream and sherry; bring to a simmer.
- Stir in basil, red pepper flakes, and freshly ground black pepper; cook for 2 minutes. Add clams and heat through (do NOT overcook or they will become tough & chewy), about 2 minutes. Stir in cornstarch to thicken the sauce. Add pasta mixture and toss. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese, lemon zest and remaining parsley; serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!