Linguine with White Wine Clam Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a lighter tasting version if you add milk instead of cream, but is still not for the diet weary.
- Ready In:
- 2 (8 ounce) cans each clams, approximate, drained, reserving liquid from one can & clams rinsed thoroughly
- light cream or milk
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, snipped
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- parmesan cheese
- Combine reserved clam juice and milk to make 2 cups.
- Cook onion in butter until tender.
- Add garlic; cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in flour,salt, and pepper.
- Slowly whisk in milk mixture.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened.
- Stir in clams, parsley, and wine.
- Heat through.
- Serve over cooked linguine and pass around parmesan cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I love this recipe and make it on a regular basis! I always keep a few cans of clams in my cupboard and use milk instead of cream so the ingredients are always in my house. It's quick to make - boiling the water and cooking the pasta takes me longer than making the sauce. It's great when I'm in a hurry or when I haven't been to the grocery store for a while!Reply
Great linguine vongole! If you enjoy a rich & creamy Alfredo-like sauce loaded with clams, you will enjoy this recipe. I added a pinch of red pepper flakes once the onion & garlic softened & I made sure to cook the flour, salt & pepper for a couple of minutes to get rid of the floury taste. I added in the clam & half & half mixture & with constant whisking it got very thick in about 6 minutes. Everything was done over medium heat. I added some steamed little neck clams for garnish along with some some freshly chopped basil & parsley & some grated parmesan. This is definitely a restaurant caliber pasta sauce, great with a simple green salad & glass of wine!Reply