Abby Girl's Note:
This is, by far, one of the best "light" recipes I have come across in all the years I have been cooking....I found this way back in the "80's and am still using this favorite. This extremely versatile recipe is on my "go to list" when I need something fast, easy and tasty! I make sure that I am always stocked with clams in the cupboard and cream cheese in my fridge/freezer. This recipe is also handy for cleaning out all those little "its and bits" of vegetables. Don't use too much mushrooms or it will give a "grey" appearance to the dish
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -5 ounces baby clams, drained reserving the juice
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes (or as hot as you like)
- 1 zucchini, roughly chopped (asparagus, snap peas, green beans)
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 6 large mixed mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 125 g light cream cheese, cubed (8 poz)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 lb linguine
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1In a large pot, cook the linguine, reserving some of the pasta water.
- 2Drain the clams, reserving the liquid. Set aside.
- 3In a large skillet, cook the onion, thyme, hot pepper flakes in 1/3 cup of the clam liquid over medium heat for about 3 - 5 minutes or until onion is cooked.
- 4Add the other vegetables and cook until tender crisp. Add more clam liquid if necessary. Stir in cream cheese and melt.
- 5Just before serving, add the clams, salt and pepper.
- 6Combine the pasta, the clam sauce and the parmesan cheese. Add more clam liquid or pasta water if necessary.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine With Light Clam Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 509.3
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 34.3 mg
- Sodium 536.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 21.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: