Top Review by TexasKelly
I will have to be honest and say we really did not care for this. I found the peanut butter taste to be too strong. Perhaps if made again, using less pb would help. To counteract that, I used a LOT more soy sauce and some fish sauce & even some hot sauce, but the pb was just so overpowering. I see that a lot of other people really enjoyed it, so I think it is more a case of our personal tastes and not the fault of the recipe. That being said, I do think the sauce itself was missing something tastewise. Also I think it could use some veggies, maybe some broccoli or snow peas, just to addd a bit more to it. I always enjoy trying something new and thank you for posting the recipe.
- 8 ounces dry linguine or 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 12 ounces total)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 green onions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, preferably al dente (firm to the bite).
- Drain; keep warm.
- For sauce, in a medium mixing bowl, stir together chicken broth, wine or water, soy sauce, cornstarch and red pepper.
- Stir in peanut butter until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Add onion, garlic and ginger to hot oil; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender.
- Remove onion mixture from wok.
- Add the chicken to the wok.
- Stir-fry about 3 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Push the chicken from the center of the wok.
- Stir sauce; add to center of the wok.
- cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Return onion mixture to wok; stir all ingredients together.
- Arrange pasta on individual plates or a serving platter.
- Spoon the chicken mixture over pasta.
- Sprinkle with green onions.