1/5 Photos of Linguine with Chicken and Peanut Sauce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces dry linguine or 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 12 ounces total)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions, preferably al dente (firm to the bite).
- 2Drain; keep warm.
- 3For sauce, in a medium mixing bowl, stir together chicken broth, wine or water, soy sauce, cornstarch and red pepper.
- 4Stir in peanut butter until smooth.
- 5Set aside.
- 6Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels.
- 7Cut into 1-inch pieces.
- 8Set aside.
- 9In a wok or large skillet heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- 10(Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Add onion, garlic and ginger to hot oil; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender.
- 11Remove onion mixture from wok.
- 12Add the chicken to the wok.
- 13Stir-fry about 3 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- 14Push the chicken from the center of the wok.
- 15Stir sauce; add to center of the wok.
- 16cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- 17Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- 18Return onion mixture to wok; stir all ingredients together.
- 19Arrange pasta on individual plates or a serving platter.
- 20Spoon the chicken mixture over pasta.
- 21Sprinkle with green onions.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine with Chicken and Peanut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.7
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 1130.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 41.3 g