Spicy Soba Noodles With Chicken and Peanut Sauce
photo by ccincalif
- Ready In:
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 -2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 5 cups cooked soba noodles (about 10 ounces uncooked buckwheat noodles)
- 6 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 6 tablespoons chopped chopped dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- Shave carrot lengthwise into thin strips using a vegetable peeler.
- Combine 1/3 cup broth, peanut butter, ginger, soy sauce, honey, pepper, and garlic; stir with a whisk until smooth.
- Place chicken in a large saucepan; add 1 2/3 cups broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove from heat; let stand 20 minutes. Drain; cut chicken into 2-inch pieces. Combine carrot, peanut sauce, chicken, and noodles in a large bowl; toss to coat. Sprinkle with onions and peanuts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is great! We have a ton of Soba noodles so I was looking for a cold noodle salad. We love spicy so I picked this. The sauce was made to the T and then I added a touch of rice wine vinegar. We mixed it all with tofu chunks, carrot, cabbage, snap peas, and sweet red pepper. Thanks a ton for posting this ;)
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Scottsdale AZ and am in the medical field.