Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
This yummy potato salad is a favorite of mine...Every time I bring it to a get together, I am asked for the recipe...Try it and see for yourself!
Top Review by Beep Beep Momma's Taxi
My family loved this salad, The flavor was amazing, and each bite was better than the last. You know it's a winner when the compliments start flying, and they did!
- 5 lbs red potatoes, with skins on
- 2 cups mayonnaise (more or less depending on how you like it, Do NOT use fat free or low fat)
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced or 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 carrots, finely diced
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh finely chopped chives
- 20 green olives, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes, and boil until just done, about 20 minutes. (Just until your fork can be inserted all the way through the potato. You don't want them mushy).
- Drain well and let cool, then dice or slice potatoes. (I like a small dice, about 1/2"x1/2"). The potatoes will cut nicely once chilled and won't fall apart.
- Mix other ingredients, and add to chilled potatoes. Let set in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving for flavors to meld.
- Serve chilled.