My Mom's Potato Salad
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 6 white potatoes or 6 red potatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 Spanish onion (red onion)
- 4 eggs, boiled
- 2 cucumbers, remove the seeds (use the meat only)
- 2 1⁄2 cups Hellmanns Mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup Dijonnaise mustard (mom always used plain yellow ( i modified the recipe with the Dijonnaise) or 1/3 cup yellow mustard (mom always used plain yellow ( i modified the recipe with the Dijonnaise)
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- salt and pepper
- Boil potatoes and cut into cubes, cool.
- Cut the vegetables and eggs up to whatever size you prefer.
- Combine veggies with potatoes and toss.
- Add mayo, mustard, horseradish, salt and pepper to taste. Stir.
- Better after it has time to "sit".
Join The Conversation
This is sooo good! I made this for my grandmother's funeral because my mom was making the "family recipe" and I didn't realize it and made a potato salad, too. So, I just quickly modified our recipe to yours and I love it! Thanks so much for sharing! Oh, and my version had celery in it because I'd already made it all up except for the dressing, cucumbers and green pepper, so it was just like yours, but with celery. Still totally yummy. :)
This potato salad was fantastic!! I love the addition of the horseradish and cucumber! I made as directed except I omitted the bell peppers (food allergy). The dijon mustard and horseradish weren't overpowering, but just sang backup. This is now my new potato salad. Thank you Cathi Allen! Edit: I have made this several times since my review. I have never used dijonnaise mustard - only Dijon or Spicy Brown. I have cut the mayo by 1/2 cup as the recipe measurement is simply too much. I sometimes add a touch more horseradish because that suits our tastes. Still my favorite potato salad by far! Thanks!
i love crunch, and tangy flavors, so when i saw this recipe included cukes i was thrilled. the crunch factor is great. i will use less of the regular mustard next time. it was a little too tangy for my taste. i really liked the combination of ingredients this recipe used. i only used one cucumber, one green pepper, and half of a spanish onion.