This yummy potato salad is a favorite of mine...Every time I bring it to a get together, I am asked for the recipe...Try it and see for yourself!
- 5 lbs red potatoes, with skins on
- 2 cups mayonnaise (more or less depending on how you like it, Do NOT use fat free or low fat)
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced or 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 carrots, finely diced
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh finely chopped chives
- 20 green olives, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Peel potatoes, and boil until just done, about 20 minutes. (Just until your fork can be inserted all the way through the potato. You don't want them mushy).
- Drain well and let cool, then dice or slice potatoes. (I like a small dice, about 1/2"x1/2"). The potatoes will cut nicely once chilled and won't fall apart.
- Mix other ingredients, and add to chilled potatoes. Let set in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving for flavors to meld.
- Serve chilled.