Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
This dish is just plain delicious! Creamy pasta, with a hint of Marsala and cheese and mushrooms... Try it and see for yourself...Your family will love it... My son snuck in the fridge after I made this the first time, and ate the leftovers for a snack! :)
Top Review by ironflange
Gave it a try tonite, and I tell you, I've never seen my family suck down a new recipe like they did this one! I changed a few things: no marsala, used red wine instead no ziti, used rigatoni added about 1 tsp of Dijon mustard to the sauce I made it with country-style pork loin, half-fat soup, and fat-free sour cream. Lots of fat cut out, no loss of taste. Fabulous recipe! Thanks!
- 4 pork chops, i used thinly cut
- 1 large onion, sliced and pieces cut in half
- 6 tablespoons garlic, chopped, i used the chopped garlic in a jar
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄3 cup marsala wine
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 inches Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 lb ziti pasta, cooked according to box directions
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown pork chops in oil in a frying pan.
- Put aside when done.
- In a small saucepan, saute onions and garlic, in oil.
- When cooked, add Marsala wine.
- Let come to boil, and simmer for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the zita according to box directions.
- To the onions and garlic add soup, and sour cream, and turn down to low, so it doesn't boil.
- Mix well, and let simmer for about 5 minutes until heated.
- Add Velveeta cheese cubes, and let melt, stirring until cheese is completely melted.
- Place pork chops in a single layer, in a lg round or square casserole dish (I used my frying pan, because it is oven proof, or you can use an iron skillet -- this would work great too) but if you don't have one, use a casserole dish for this dish.
- Pour enough of the sauce mixture over the pork chops to completely cover.
- Add salt and cracked pepper, to taste.
- Pour drained pasta over the sauce and pork chops.
- Pour the rest of the sauce over pasta, and season again with salt and cracked pepper, to taste.
- Put in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until heated and bubbly.