1/1 Photo of Lime Shrimp With Asparagus
This recipe came from a TOH cookbook. The original recipe called for chicken breasts, but I changed it to shrimp. I will probably try making this on the stove instead of in the microwave.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, deveined, & minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lime peel, grated
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1Put asparagus, garlic and water in a 1 1/2 quart microwave bowl. Cover and cook 3-4 minutes on high until asparagus is crisp-tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- 2Put shrimp, red pepper and jalapeno into same bowl. Cover and cook on high for 3 minutes, until shrimp turns pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- 3Mix cornstarch, soy sauce, lime juice and lime peel together. Whisk into cookeing juices. Microwave on high (uncovered) for 1 minute, until thick and bubbly.
- 4Stir in shrimp and asparagus. Cook, uncovered, for 30 - 60 secongs until heated through. Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lime Shrimp With Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.8
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 129.6 mg
- Sodium 641.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 22.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: