Yet another recipe from my beloved Cooking Light, and also another I haven't tried yet. The key word there is yet, because I love the idea of this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place sweet potatoes and 1/3 c water in a large microwave safe bowl.
- 2Cover with plastic wrap; microwave at HIGH 15 min or til tender.
- 3Carefully uncover, drain and keep warm.
- 4Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- 5Remove casings from sausage.
- 6Add onion to pan; saute 6 min or til tender.
- 7Add sausage and 1/4 t salt; cook 4 minutes or until sausage is done, stirring to crumble.
- 8Stir in sweet potatoes, 1/2 t salt, syrup, 1 T water, pepper and nutmeg.
- 9Cook until liquid is absorbed and sweet potatoes begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lighter Sweet Potato Hash
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.5
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 8.4 mg
- Sodium 614.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 5.3 g