Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Yet another recipe from my beloved Cooking Light, and also another I haven't tried yet. The key word there is yet, because I love the idea of this one.
- Place sweet potatoes and 1/3 c water in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap; microwave at HIGH 15 min or til tender.
- Carefully uncover, drain and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Remove casings from sausage.
- Add onion to pan; saute 6 min or til tender.
- Add sausage and 1/4 t salt; cook 4 minutes or until sausage is done, stirring to crumble.
- Stir in sweet potatoes, 1/2 t salt, syrup, 1 T water, pepper and nutmeg.
- Cook until liquid is absorbed and sweet potatoes begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
PERFECT for a Fall Brunch ! This was delicious! with just the right amount of sweetness! The only substitution I made using ground turkey sausage because I couldn't find links. I will definitely be making it again !