Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
Most sweet and sours nearly deep fry the meat. This one does not, but marinades the meat to add flavor.
- 1 lb lean boneless pork
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple juice (from can below)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 slices ginger, chopped
- 1 onion, in wedges
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple chunk, canned,divided and reserve juice
- Cube pork and marinade in next four ingredients for 20-30 minutes (more is fine).
- Combine vinegar, soy, brown sugar and pineapple juice.
- Set aside Dredge pork in cornstarch.
- Coat wok with oil and heat.
- Cook pork in wok until done and brown.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Stir fry garlic, ginger, and onion.
- Add pineapple chunks.
- Add sauce mixture and heat until thick and clear.
- Add meat and cook until hot.
- Can be served over rice.
This is so good,not to sweet or sour!I used more meat,about 2lbs otherwise followed recipe.Will be making this again!!Thanks Linda