Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
lighter texture and calories than regular cream cheese cheesecake. i also used fage full fat yogurt instead of sour cream but it won't recognize that ingredient. sour cream may be used or fage yogurt- don't use regular yogurt. all ingredients should be at room temp.
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 10 ounces fresh ricotta (whole milk)
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup (real)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups pumpkin puree (either canned or strain first if fresh)
- 1 3⁄4 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- make crust by combining all ingredients and press into a well greased 10 in springform pan.
- preheat oven to 325 and put a glass pan half full with water on the bottom rack, put the upper rack to the second highest level.
- if your ricotta is fresh, which is best, and moist put in cheesecloth and squeeze out extra liquid.
- beat cream cheese and ricotta until smooth and light.
- beat in sugar until well combined.
- mix flour with spices and add them until combined.
- beat in sour cream until smooth.
- add eggs, one at a time, incorporating each one, at low speed- don't overmix.
- add pumpkin and vanilla, beat until smooth on low speed and pour into prepared crust.
- bake for about 1 hour 20 minutes, check after 1 hour- dont open the oven before 1 hour. outside should be set and golden, the middle should jiggle a little but not be liquid. turn off oven and keep the door closed, let cool at least 1 hour in the oven, cool completely and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- top with whipped cream or praline sauce if desired.