Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a trimmed version of Scrambled Egg Muffins. It tastes as good as the original IF you're used to EggBeaters.
- 1⁄4 lb low fat turkey sausage
- 1 1⁄2 cups egg substitute (Egg Beaters, Southwestern flavor)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown sausage; drain well.
- In a bowl mix EggBeaters with onion, green peppers, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Stir in sausage and cheese.
- Spoon 1/3 cupfuls into greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
Ok....I have to admit that I had to use 'real' eggs, as since moving to OZ I haven't been able to find egg substitute ( I MUST be looking in the wrong places!!), and I used some good quality pork sausage meat that I had.<br/>I just loved these wee bites, and found them very addictive....a really delicious way to start the day...!!<br/>Made for PRMR
What a delightful little breakfast treat. I couldn't find turkey sausage at the store so I used hot Italian sausage instead and left out the hot pepper sauce. I used the entire carton of Egg Beaters because it was just a tad over 1 1/2 cups. I ended up with 7 breakfast muffins. These are very tasty and savory. They also refrigerate and reheat very well. Made for Honor they Mother - and be Gluten-Free, too! Tag Game.
This has unlimited possibilities!! You could add anything!!! I added some red bell peppers and used turkey pepperoni instead of sausage. This made for a quick and light dinner! Made for 123 Tag. Thanks Annacia! :)