Breakfast Egg Muffins
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, for the ramekins
- 454 g 85% lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place eight 7 oz ramekins on a large baking sheet and brush them with the olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, use your hands to mix together the sausage ingredients: ground meat, salt, thyme, garlic powder, smoked paprika, black pepper, red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper. Divide into eight equal portions (I use a kitchen scale) and place each portion in a ramekin. Press on the meat with your hands so that it covers the bottom and the sides of the ramekins and creates a shell.
- Break an egg into each of these sausage shells. Sprinkle the eggs with salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Bake until eggs are set, about 30 minutes. Remove from ramekins onto a serving platter and sprinkle with parsley. Allow to cool 5 minutes before enjoying.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!