Recipe by CherryRed
Light, summery, and delicious.
Top Review by ChloeBaby
Lovely, fresh flavour. I really liked the fresh tomato and basil combination; usually when I make soups it's in the winter and I use canned tomatoes, but I caught this when I still have a basket full of fresh from the garden. I didn't think the lemon made it too tangy, I liked it as is. The one thing I think I'll do differently next time is use roma tomatoes instead of regular, just to try to cut down on some of the juice, or maybe less stock. I just prefer a bit thicker of a soup. (I know, the recipe name says light, but still)
Made for Fall 2011 PAC.
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1⁄3 cup slivered fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock, defatted
- 3 cups chicken broth, defatted
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (red works too)
- 5 medium whole tomatoes, peeled and pureed (~ 14 oz. canned diced tomatoes)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper