Apple Wine Soup With Roast Beef
Thurgau Switzerland is known as the cider capital of Switzerland. In Thurgau roast beef and apple wine are often combined in cooking. **The original recipe calls for Apple wine and Food does not recognize Apple wine, so posted wine with apple noted as type. Found on internet at myswitzerland.
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces beef stock
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- 10 ounces wine, Apple
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 apple, thin sliced
- 8 slices roast beef, thin sliced
- Spike the onion with the bay leaf and cloves.
- Bring stock to boil, reduce heat and add carrots and spiked onion. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add apple wine and simmer.
- Blend softened butter and flour with a fork, stir gradually into soup. Simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove onion and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add apple slices and cook for a few minutes more.
- Transfer to deep plates / soup bowls.
- Roll sliced beef into garnish for top of soup and serve immediately.