Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A recipe from The Australian Womens Weekly. Still not sure how good it is for you but delicious anyway!!! Includes refigeration time for setting.
- 200 g diet butternut cookies
- 1 egg white
- 40 g reduced fat margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 250 g light cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 300 ml light thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh passion fruit pulp (about 4 passionfruit) or 1⁄2 cup canned passion fruit pulp
- 2 egg whites, extra
- extra passion fruit, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to moderate(180°C/160°C fan-forced).
- Blend or process the biscuits until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Transfer biscuits to a bowl; stir in eggwhite and spread. Press mixture evenly over the base of a 22cm springform tin (actual inside top measurement 21cm) with wet hands. Bake in a moderate oven for about 10 minutes or until browned lightly.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle gelatine over the water in small heatproof jug; stand jug in small saucepan of simmering water. Stir until gelatine dissolves; cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and half of the sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth; add cream and beat until mixture thickens. Stir in lemon juice, passionfruit and gelatine mixture.
- Beat extra eggwhites in a clean small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; gradually add the remaining sugar, beating until dissolved between additions. Fold into passionfruit mixture. Pour mixture over biscuit base; smooth top. Cover cheesecake; refrigerate 6 hours or until firm.
- Serve cheesecake drizzled with extra passionfruit pulp, if desired.