Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
a lighter version of cornbread casserole with cream cheese. reduced the sugar and switched to neufchatel cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn (or creamed corn, i only have had corn on hand)
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix (I use Jiffy)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- preheat oven to 350. melt butter and cheese together just enough to soften.
- Mix together all of the ingredients & pour into a baking pan.
- bake for about 40 minutes.
Your recipe made for a nice tasting, easy to prepare cornbread! I did use cream corn which probably make it a bit more moist, but that's not a bad thing in my book! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]