Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was published in Light and Tasty this month. I tried it using half Splenda and half sugar and adding strawberries to garnish. It is very good! Perfect for the chocolate lover!
- 2 sheet full chocolate graham crackers, crushed
- 59.14 ml fat-free half-and-half (I used regular half and half.)
- 340.19 g low-fat cream cheese
- 236.59 ml fat-free cottage cheese
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 88.74 ml baking cocoa
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 59.14 ml egg substitute
- 59.14 ml chocolate chips, pulsed one to two times in food processor
- 28.34 g white chocolate baking square, shaved
- quartered strawberry (to garnish)
- 29.58 ml sugar-free strawberry jam or 29.58 ml low sugar strawberry spread
- Preheat over to 325°F.
- Prepare a 9-in springform pan by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs on the bottom of the pan and swirling up sides of pan to coat lightly; set aside.
- In food processor, add half-and-half, cream cheese, cottage cheese, sugar, Splenda, cocoa, flour and vanilla.
- Process by pulsing several times until mixture is smooth.
- Add egg substitute and pulse until blended.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of mixture, pulse once or twice to blend and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until almost set.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run knife around edge of pan to loosen and remove sides of pan.
- When cool, slide cake onto serving dish.
- Microwave the strawberry preserves just until liquid.
- Serve with the strawberry preserves spooned over the top of each serving; sprinkle with shaved baking chocolate, and arrange quartered strawberries on plate.
- Cooking time does not include cooling period.
- It is actual cooking time.
This is amazing cheesecake! It was the perfect dessert for company as everyone loves chocolate. I loved the fact that it is half the calories then most cheesecakes. Thank you for this delightful recipe, A definite *Keeper* Thanks for sharing.
I have not tried this yet but it looks great! And the ingretants make it sound good!
This was quite good, especially for a diet dessert. This was so simple to whip together and the baking time was exact. This was not as firm as a regular cheesecake, but still has a rich, very creamy texture. I used Ghirardelli premium cocoa powder, which added a really rich, deep chocolate intensity.