photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
1 9x13 pan
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 9x13 baking pan (I use glass and just spray Pam).
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, sugar, and vanilla until well blended.
- Add eggs and mix until blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir into the sugar mixture.
- Fold in zucchini (& nuts if you wish; I pureed zucchini so it was undetectable, but just shredded is fine, it blends in for the most part).
- Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in preheated oven, or until brownies spring back when gently touched.
- Cool & frost, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great recipe! The brownies are a little lighter, more cakelike, than a traditional scratch recipe but still moist and tender. I took a shortcut with the frosting - simply sprinkled about 6 oz dark chocolate chips on top during the last minute or two of baking, then spread them like frosting. Definitely a keeper!
These brownies are great! So moist. And full of chocolate flavor. With the frosting it's the best. We can't notice the whole wheat flour in it. I reduced the sugar by half. I shredded the zucchinis. I made half the recipe in a 8 x 8 inch pan. Next time I'll use parchment paper in the bottom of the pan so it's easier to remove the brownies. Thanks herbiechic :) Made for PAC Fall 2011
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook-- all sorts of things. I like to try new dishes and experiment with recipes. I also like to get together with a few family members and put meals together to cook at a later time, like Dream Dinners.