Levain Bakery is an artisan bakery located in the heart of Manhattan's Upper West Side. These scones are easy and the taste is delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Combine everything except the half-and-half until just combined.
- 3Do not over mix. (Mixture will not be creamed, just mixed together.)
- 4Quickly pour in 1 1/4 cups of the half-and-half while mixing quickly.
- 5If the dough appears at all dry add the remaining 1/4 cups of half & half until just combined.
- 6Again, do not over mix.
- 7Turn the dough out onto a very well floured surface.
- 8If the dough is very sticky, flour the top of the dough also.
- 9Pat the mixture into a layer 3/4 to 1-inch thick.
- 10Using a 2-inch diameter round cutter, cut out the scones, dipping the cutter into flour each time between cuts.
- 11Place each scone, as cut, onto a parchment paper covered sheet pan leaving 2 to 3 inches between each scone.
- 12This should make 12 round scones. (You can also form dough into rectangular shape and cut with a knife into 12 square or triangle scones.).
- 13Bake for about 18 minutes or until golden brown on both the top and bottom of scones.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Levain Bakery Oatmeal Raisin Scones
Serving Size: 1 (1609 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.2
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 72.1 mg
- Sodium 345.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 7.4 g