1/1 Photo of Let Them Eat Orange Bundt Cake
From Softasilk Cake Flour box. A very simple orange flavor within the cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour (I use Softasilk)
- 1 1/8 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, grated and packed
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350F and grease and flour a 12-cup bundt cake pan.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, with electric mixer on medium speed, whip egg whites until foamy.
- 4Gradually add 1/4 c of the granulated sugar, whipping until whites are stiff but not dry; set aside.
- 5In another large bowl, beat oil, remaining 1 cup granulated sugar, whole egg, sour cream, applesauce, vanilla, orange extract, orange zest and orange juice.
- 6Gradually beat in flour mixture to the orange mixture.
- 7Fold in the whipped whites to the batter.
- 8Turn batter into prepared pan.
- 9Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and springy to the touch.
- 10Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan and cooling completely on wire rack.
- 11Dust with confectioner's sugar before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Let Them Eat Orange Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.1
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 19.3 mg
- Sodium 277.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 29.3 g
- Protein 4.7 g