Recipe by Leona L.
Fast sauce to make, can make it as spicy as you can handle or mild. Add loaf of bread, salad and a glass of wine, makes a truly italian meal. My husband requests this recipe often!
Top Review by Laura O.
Yum! No salt required - the bacon took care of that. I added a jar of spaghetti sauce too to make it less thick, so now it feeds a small army. I'm sure the leftover sauce will be just as good. Going in the tried and true file.
- 1 lb bacon (, or you can use pancetta 1/2lb)
- 3 onions
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1 can black olives, pitted (optional)
- 3 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon till almost done, add onions, garlic, anchovy paste if using and chili flakes.
- Saute till onions are transparent.
- Then combine all ingrediants in a large pot.
- Simmer for approx 30 mins to 1 hour.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, we like ours to be on the spicy side.