Recipe by Canadian_in_the_Bay
This recipe is nice and hearty. The wine gives it a depth of flavor that many similar recipes lack.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 carrots, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 3⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes with juice, chopped
- 7 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried lentils
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 ounces white wine
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil & saute the onions, carrots, marjoram, and thyme for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, broth, and lentils.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover pan, and simmer for one hour until lentils are tender.
- Add salt, peeper, parsley, and wine. Stir and simmer for a few moments more before serving.