1/2 Photos of Lentil, Pea and Potato Curry
Kiwi Kathy's Note:
Lentils, peas and bite-size cubes of potato in a richly-spiced tomato and coconut milk gravy. Found at Mediterrasian.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (crushed)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into bite-size cubes
- 1/2 cup red lentil
- 420 g canned tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock or 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, fresh (coriander)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and cook the onions for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2Add the garlic, ginger, ground coriander, cumin, turmeric and chili and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 3Add the potato and lentils and stir to coat with the spice mixture.
- 4Add the tomatoes, coconut milk, stock, garam masala, salt and sugar, bring to the boil and cover with a lid. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Add the peas to the curry and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 6While the curry simmers, cook the rice.
- 7Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro and lemon juice.
- 8Serve on a bed of rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil, Pea and Potato Curry
Serving Size: 1 (877 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1473.8
- Calories from Fat 391
- Total Fat 43.5 g
- Saturated Fat 24.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1561.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 247.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.2 g
- Sugars 94.8 g
- Protein 32.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: