Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is good even without the chicken. I use my pressure cooker to cut down on the cook time. If you are using a regular pot the time should be doubled.
- 907.18 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 709.77 ml water
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small chicken bouillon cubes or 1 large chicken bouillon cube
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml ras el hanout spice mix, Ras El Hanout - Moroccan Spice Mix
- 2.46 ml ginger
- 2.46 ml turmeric
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 236.59 ml dry lentils
- Place all the ingredients into the pressure cooker or regular pot.
- Cook for 8 minutes after the pressure cooker begins to hiss. Release the pressure, open the lid & stir. Add more water if needed then cover. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Note: When using a regular pot the cook time should be around 25 minutes.
- In Morocco, this tagine is served with thick bread to scoop up the lentils & chicken.
I forgot to rate this! this is a really delicious chicken dish which i have added to our regular rotation.
This recipe is off the wall delicious!! One of my new favorites, easy to make and even better for leftovers.
What an easy, tasty recipe! Loved that it was flavorful and required such little prep. I made this in my tagine. Had all the ingredients on hand. Perfect for a busy weeknight. Thanks!