Nana Lee's Note:
Asparagus and baby peas highlight this delicious make ahead side dish salad made with pasta shells and lemon yogurt. From Linda Larsen,Your Guide to Busy Cooks, @abi=out,com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb medium pasta shell
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen baby peas
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) container lemon yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- 2Add pasta shells and cook according to package directions, adding asparagus pieces during the last 4 minutes of cooking time.
- 3Meanwhile, place frozen peas in a colander in the sink.
- 4When pasta is tender and asparagus is crisp tender, drain into colander over peas.
- 5Drain well and add orange pepper.
- 6In large bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon yogurt, lemon juice, milk, thyme, pepper, and salt and mix with wire whisk to blend.
- 7Add pasta mixture and stir gently to coat.
- 8Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Pasta Spring Vegetable Salad
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.7
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 9.8 mg
- Sodium 381.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 13.9 g