Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Asparagus and baby peas highlight this delicious make ahead side dish salad made with pasta shells and lemon yogurt. From Linda Larsen,Your Guide to Busy Cooks, @abi=out,com
- 1 lb medium pasta shell
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen baby peas
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) container lemon yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add pasta shells and cook according to package directions, adding asparagus pieces during the last 4 minutes of cooking time.
- Meanwhile, place frozen peas in a colander in the sink.
- When pasta is tender and asparagus is crisp tender, drain into colander over peas.
- Drain well and add orange pepper.
- In large bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon yogurt, lemon juice, milk, thyme, pepper, and salt and mix with wire whisk to blend.
- Add pasta mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.