Recipe by Nana Lee
Asparagus and baby peas highlight this delicious make ahead side dish salad made with pasta shells and lemon yogurt. From Linda Larsen,Your Guide to Busy Cooks, @abi=out,com
- 1 lb medium pasta shell
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen baby peas
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) container lemon yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add pasta shells and cook according to package directions, adding asparagus pieces during the last 4 minutes of cooking time.
- Meanwhile, place frozen peas in a colander in the sink.
- When pasta is tender and asparagus is crisp tender, drain into colander over peas.
- Drain well and add orange pepper.
- In large bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon yogurt, lemon juice, milk, thyme, pepper, and salt and mix with wire whisk to blend.
- Add pasta mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.