Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Nice unique tasting satay thai style. Simple to prepare but good enough for either a party or a simple family meal.
- Mince chicken thigh with cleaver, and set aside.
- Using pestle and mortar, grind spring onions, chillies and garlic till very fine.
- Add minced chicken and continue to grind till mixtures resembles pate.
- Transfer mince to a mixing bowl, add egg, lime juice, fish sauce, cornflour, pepper and sugar.
- Mix well, kneading till the mixture is thick and dough-like in consistency.
- Leave mixture to firm up in the fridge.
- (about an hour).
- Take about 2 tablespoon of mixture and shape it around a lemongrass stalk.
- Repeat with remaining mixture till all are used up.
- Brush lightly with canola oil.
- Heat grill and cook the satays for 5-8 minutes, turning frequently till the chicken mixture is slightly charred.
- Serve warm with sweet chilli sauce.