Nice unique tasting satay thai style. Simple to prepare but good enough for either a party or a simple family meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mince chicken thigh with cleaver, and set aside.
- 2Using pestle and mortar, grind spring onions, chillies and garlic till very fine.
- 3Add minced chicken and continue to grind till mixtures resembles pate.
- 4Transfer mince to a mixing bowl, add egg, lime juice, fish sauce, cornflour, pepper and sugar.
- 5Mix well, kneading till the mixture is thick and dough-like in consistency.
- 6Leave mixture to firm up in the fridge.
- 7(about an hour).
- 8Take about 2 tablespoon of mixture and shape it around a lemongrass stalk.
- 9Repeat with remaining mixture till all are used up.
- 10Brush lightly with canola oil.
- 11Heat grill and cook the satays for 5-8 minutes, turning frequently till the chicken mixture is slightly charred.
- 12Serve warm with sweet chilli sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemongrass Chicken Satay
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.0
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 198.0 mg
- Sodium 843.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 26.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: