Chef #573036's Note:
This is an adapted Martin Yan recipe. I used less oil and coated my wok with Pam. This recipe was delicious. He suggests to serve with an Asian Dipping sauce but we thought it was great without.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bottom 4 inches only, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 340 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 8 ounces dried rice sticks
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 fresh red jalapeno chiles, seeded and julienned
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 green onions, julienned
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 2In a large pot of boiling water, cook noodles until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water and drain again.
- 3Place a stir-fry pan over high heat until hot. Add oil, swirling to coat sides. Add garlic, chilies, and sugar; cook, stirring until garlic is fragrant and sugar begins to caramelize, about 15 seconds. Add chicken and stir-fry until surface of chicken turns white, about 1 minute. Add broth; cover and cook until chicken is no longer pink in centre, 3 to 4 minutes. Add green onions, fish sauce, and lemon juice; cook for 30 seconds. Remove pan from heat and stir in mint.
- 4Place noodles on a serving plate and spoon chicken mixture over the top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemongrass Chicken over Rice Stick Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.5
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 54.4 mg
- Sodium 856.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 21.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: