A great way to start the day.
Make and share this Lemon Yogurt Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon rind, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, rolled oats, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the yogurt, egg, 1/4 cup lemon juice, and finely chopped peeled lemon (white pith removed first).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing only until blended.
- Fill 12 well-greased muffin cups two thirds full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, prepare the syrup: Put 1/4 cup granulated sugar and the grated rind and juice of 1/2 lemon in a small pot.
- Bring to a boil and reserve.
- When the muffins are baked, prick all over with a toothpick.
- Do not remove them from the pan until cooled.
- Brush the warm syrup on the hot muffins.