Recipe by Raquel Grinnell
From the Oliveoillovers blog; posted here for safekeeping. Can't wait to make this one - lots of my favorite ingredients, lemon, rosemary, olive oil, yogurt... can't go wrong. And in a bundt; the easiest cake pan ever!
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, fresh-squeezed
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons rosemary, fresh and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar (for icing)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh-squeezed (for icing)
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350F degrees. Grease your baking pan of choice and coat with a light dusting of flour to ensure the cake can easily be removed from the pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, 1/4 cup lemon juice, zest, rosemary, vanilla, yogurt and granulated sugar, whisking until the mixture is light and smooth, about 1 -2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and using a wooden spoon, fold into the wet ingredients, stirring until mixed together.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing the cake from the pan. Let the cake cool completely on a cooling rack and then prepare the icing: Whisk 1 – 2 tbsp lemon juice into 1 cup of powdered sugar, adding more juice or sugar if necessary. When desired consistency is reached, drizzle over the cake and let set before serving.