- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 carrots, pared and shredded
- 1 1⁄3 cups uncooked long-grain rice (brown rice does not work in this recipe)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in sauce pan with tight fitting lid.
- Add garlic and carrots; cook, stirring frequently until carrots begin to color, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice; stir.
- Add broth, zest and salt.
- Bring to a boil and simmer covered, about 20 minutes.
- Remove garlic and fluff rice.