Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A universal side dish.
Make and share this Lemon Rice Pilaf recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 carrots, pared and shredded
- 1 1⁄3 cups uncooked long-grain rice (brown rice does not work in this recipe)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Melt butter in sauce pan with tight fitting lid.
- Add garlic and carrots; cook, stirring frequently until carrots begin to color, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice; stir.
- Add broth, zest and salt.
- Bring to a boil and simmer covered, about 20 minutes.
- Remove garlic and fluff rice.
Excellent! Changed nothing, but I did rinse the uncooked rice under cold water for two minutes prior to cooking.
Delicious! I served this with some scallops and a veggie. It went perfectly, the slight hint of lemon and the fluffy rice. Yummy.; Thank you for sharing this rice dish with us.
This was awesome! I loved everything about the ingredients. They were just the right amount and it had great flavor. Made for ZWT8 for the Diners, Winers and Chives team.