Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This pound cake uses half butter and half cream cheese and is topped with cherry filling and a crumb streusel. I came up with the recipe by mixing several different recipes together. This will make at least two large loaves, I usually make smaller loaves to pass out to friends.
- 1 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 lemons, rind of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling (1 can)
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cold cut in pieces
- Beat together butter and cream cheese until creamy.
- While still beating add eggs and sugar.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with sour cream.
- Stir in vanilla, lemon juice and lemon rind.
- Pour into greased loaf pans.
- Mix streusel ingredients together until coarse and crumbly.
- Spoon a layer of cherry filling down the middle of each loaf (don't cover the entire top, just a strip down the middle).
- Sprinkle streusel over the entire top of each loaf.
- Bake at 325°F for 45 minutes (mini loafs) to 90 minutes (large loaves).
- Test frequently after one hour to allow for your oven and pans.
- Cool in pan before turning out.