Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This recipe came from a Robin Hood booklet I got at the grocery store. I have made it several times. The picture shows it on a large plate, surrounded by sugared red and green grapes.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 1⁄4 cups sifted cake-and-pastry flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- icing sugar
- Combine softened cream cheese, margarine, sugar and vanilla, mixing until well blended.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing at low speed until well blended.
- Add lemon rind.
- Gradually add flour and baking powder combined, mixing at a low speed until well blended.
- Spread batter in a greased and floured 9" tube or bundt pan.
- Bake at 325 for about 70 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- If desired, sift icing sugar over cake when cool.
excellent!!! no other way to explain it.