Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of those quick lunch salads that tastes great. If you are tired of sandwiches, try this different luncheon salad. Serve with pita chips.
- 1 cup orzo pasta (rice-shaped pasta)
- 2 small zucchini, diced (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped of fresh mint
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cook the orzo until tender but firm.
- Drain in a colander; rinse under cold water to cool, and drain well.
- Mix the orzo, zucchini, parsley, and mint in a large bowl with a large spoon.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour over the salad and mix with a large spoon.
This is a nice light refreshing salad. I'm not very found of raw zucchini so I used half zucchini and half cucumber, with good results. You could go completely with cucumber if you wanted.
This was a super tasty salad to pack for my lunch. In order to round it out, I added some diced grilled chicken breast, and it made a satisfying and delicious meal!
I tripled this recipe for our pool party guests, and let it sit in the fridge overnight. Very tasty and beautiful salad, paired perfectly with our Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs. Thanks for sharing this luscious salad.