Warm Chickpea Salad
photo by Moor Driver
- Ready In:
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 zucchini, thickly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 375 g tomatoes, halved
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 800 g chickpeas, drained (canned)
- 100 g feta, cut into cubes
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Put the onion, zucchini, red pepper and tomatoes into a shallow roasting tray and season with black pepper. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp of the olive oil and toss to coat. Roast for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through, until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, mix together the lemon juice, olive oil and herbs. Season to taste.
- Allow the vegetables to cool for 5 minutes, then tip into a bowl with the chickpeas, feta, and the lemon & olive oil dressing. Toss lightly before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was really very good! The weather has turned cold for the last couple of days and the warm veggies were just perfect. I added a chopped garlic clove but the rest was by the recipe. The veggies are tender but not mushed and the mint and feta really give it something special. I stuffed a pita half with my portion and had hot mint tea with it. A lovely and sunny tasting recipe.