Recipe by Jewelies
An Australian cup is 250ml and a tablespoon is 20ml. I haven't tried this but thought it sounded interesting and wanted to share. I haven't allocated a time for freezing.
- 2 cups caster sugar (440grams)
- 2 cups dry white wine (500ml)
- 2 cups water (500ml)
- 1 1⁄2 cups lemon juice (375ml)
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice (125ml)
- 1 teaspoon angostura aromatic bitters
- 3 egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, wine and water in a large heavy-based pan, stir over heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to boil, simmer, uncovered, without stirring, for about 20 minutes or until syrup is thickened slightly (syrup must not change colour), cool to room temperature.
- Stir in juices and bitters.
- Pour mixture into 23cm square cake pan, cover with foil and freeze until firm.
- Beat lemon mixture in large bowl with electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until firm peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into lemon mixture in 2 batches.
- Return mixture to cake pan, cover and freeze until firm.