- 1⁄2 cup brown basmati rice
- 1 cup vegetarian chicken broth
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, bring broth & lemon juice to simmer.
- In heavy skillet heat oil. Add garlic and cook until softened.
- Add rice & stir, cooking 1-2 minutes.
- Add broth, salt & pepper and bring to boil.
- Lower heat and simmer 30-40 minutes until all liquid is absorbed & rice is soft. (Note: Rice may take more or less time depending on temperature, so check periodically until done).
- Remove from heat, stir in herbs & lemon zest. Add additional salt & pepper if desired.