Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
I don't remember where I got this recipe, I only know I've had it for years and it's always a hit. Make the crust or use a ready made.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1 1⁄3 cups fine graham cracker crumbs (20 sq. crackers)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Filling: Mix all ingredients except egg whites in medium bowl until blended.
- In another bowl beat egg whites with mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into other mixture.
- Pour into prepared pie crust, smooth top.
- Bake 25 minutes until filling is set.
- Cool completely.
- Crust: Mix graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon and flour.
- Add melted butter, stir with fork until blended.
- Press firmly and evenly over bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
The sugar makes it too sweet but when I left the sugar out, the pie was wonderful.
My friends liked this...a bit too sweet for me. I think next time i will cut the in half. But everyone else liked it! So thanks shells75!