Recipe by kitina
Yummy and tangy, very easy to do!
Top Review by Angela Sara
Sooooo delicious, I love that zippy tang from the lemon. I kept exactly to the ingredients with one adjustment, I doubled the oregano. I pounded the chicken first and I cooked it in the oven for about forty mins, (I don't have a slow cooker). Had it with broccoli and basmati rice. Thanks, this will be a regular!!
- 2 lbs chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove excess skin and fat from chicken, rinse and pat dry.
- In a small bowl combine oregano, seasoned salt and pepper, rub mixture onto chicken using all of the mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat brown chicken in the butter.
- Transfer chicken to slow cooker.
- To the skillet add the water, lemon juice, garlic and chicken bouillion.
- Stirring over medium heat bring mixture to a boil, loosening browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Pour over Chicken, cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or on low for 5 to 6 hours until chicken is almost tender.
- Add parsley Cover and cook on high for 15-30 minutes more!